The governance and growth of aesthetic, historically relevant, academically focused sustainable, energy intelligent and environmentally friendly schools and their infrastructure.
Our Department is responsible for:
- Managing all capital projects for construction, remodeling, and renovation of our educational and support facilities;
- Prioritizing and maintaining a database for facility improvements that can be used for critical maintenance repair, project prioritizations, and for future bond planning;
- Planning for future growth and academic initiatives;
- Providing the infrastructure necessary to support these needs through strategic planning and asset management;
- Managing, coordinating and providing, maintenance and custodial services;
- Coordinating, scheduling, and managing building and facility use
- In conjunction with the academic mission, update and maintain the Districts standards for the Educational Specifications and Technical guidelines that are used to design our schools.
- Academic achievement!
Facilities Management consists of 721 full-time and approximately 214 part-time employees who are dedicated and committed to a safe, clean environment, innovative partnerships with all segments of the District and Community and to building a bright future for every student.